Speaking for Your Business or Organization
"Nothing so conclusive proves a man's ability to lead others as what he does from day to day to lead himself."
Thomas J. Watson
"In the Name of the Best Within Us"
Dave as Your Keynote and Kickoff Speaker
A great Keynote Speech can mark the beginning of a great conference or the start of a new business program.
It will set the tone for your entire event by generating a sense of purpose and anticipation for every effort your organization will be making during and after the conference.
Dave will build a great rapport with your team, galvanize them and inspire them so that their attention will be focused on the putting forth their best effort to whatever field of endeavor you direct them.
Developing Leadership Skills and Increasing Your Manager's Productive Lifespan
This talk is one of Dave’s favorites. It is based on the research of Carol Dweck, Ph.D., which provides new insights into what we’ve learned about ability and achievement in the last 100 years.
Dave will help you and your team gain productive, profitable understandings of these questions:
- How do you identify productive leadership? How it can these skills be shared with everyone in your organization?
- Why can some of us can step up to a challenge and work through it when others begin to fade and lose their drive? Can this tendency to fade in the stretch be reversed?
- Are your managers leading or driving?
- Which of them gets the most and the best out of their team?
- How can their talents and attitude be acquired by the rest of your team?
- What are the key the absolutely essential things to look for when you recruit and hire someone?
- What can you and your organization do to keep even your long-term team members fresh and productive their entire careers? Dave calls this "Extending Our Productive Lifespan" and it can be one of the most powerful tools in your managerial tool box.
"Working with the Talented Procrastinator"
Beating Procrastination and Building Productivity Skills
"Never put off 'till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow!"
Mark Twain gave us sound advice on procrastination unless you need to worry about little things like meeting a deadline or making a profit.
As a manager, few things are more frustrating than to work with someone who has all the brains and talent you could hope for, but who just can't get the daily tasks done.
Dave will show your team and YOU how to understand the problem and how to overcome it. Let Dave show your talented people how to make the best possible use of all of their skills.
"Starting Off Strong Fading in the Stretch"
Understanding the "Iacocca Trend"
Even the best managers slow down and lose their edge. Why?
What keeps a great manager great sharp, alert, empathetic, deft, inspirational, and not afraid of change and challenges?
Why do so many of us start to lose our creativity and become inflexible, territorial, and even suspicious as our careers advance?
This program will help you understand the causes of what Dave calls "The Iacocca Effect" and most importantly how to prevent it and how to cure it when it develops.
"But He Looked So Good on Paper!"
Taking the Risk Out of Recruiting and Hiring
This program helps every recruiter and manager understand the most common mistakes made during the recruiting, hiring, and training processes and how to keep them from becoming part of your organization's profile.
The tools and resources Dave will bring to his workshop with you and your team will help you understand what the talented and productive recruits are looking for and need.
Dave will help you understand how you can be sure that this very expensive part of running your business or an organization will give you the return on your investment you are striving to achieve.